Founded in 1928 and long a hub of Tokyo’s international community, the Tokyo American Club has been described by private club consultants the McMahon group as “light years ahead of its U.S. counterparts” and “quite possibly the finest private club facility in the world.” With credentials like these you can imagine the pressure we were under when asked to create the online face of this Tokyo institution following the opening of its spectacular new location.
We started by defining the requirements for the new website, gathering input from the various departments and stakeholders to spec out the features requested by members and staff alike. These laid the groundwork for an in-depth information architecture phase wherein we created the site structure and page layouts for all of the screens we would later build.
Next we dove into the visual design process, working through many iterations to create a look-and-feel that matched the richness and modernity of the club itself. Once this was complete we moved to coding and development, integrating the structure and design with a powerful open-source back-end and integrating it with their internal business systems.
The result? What may very well be the best club website around, with features designed to impress. Here are a few of them:
- Event management and rich registration functions such as guest sign-ups and proxy booking for spouses and dependents
- Online booking of recreation resources such as squash courts and golf simulators
- Proxy booking and registration for members by TAC staff
- Online wine shop
- Event galleries and easy publishing of video content
- Integrated form and survey builder
- Built-in newsletter composition and delivery system
- Responsive website design
- Powerful banner ad manager
- And much more…
Click on the link below to view the site. We hope you like it as much as we do!